Sugar Free Pancakes

We have all been there, you want to lose a few pounds but still enjoy some of your favorite foods. It seems like a gimmick doesn't it? I am not much of a pancake fan. I don't really like cake much either but my family does. I needed to find a way to enjoy foods that are sugar free because of dietary restrictions but not be completely left out of all the sugar fun, so I turned to all the substitutes. I cannot use Stevia, it will not work with my medicines so I decided to try Splenda instead. It wasn't so bad plus  I have used it before in the past. Certain foods I do not like it in but I am working on that. So now when my family has pancakes I can make two recipes one normal with sugar and one with Splenda. In this recipe, I don't think you will miss sugar. It is that good. I won't be sharing my sugar free whip cream recipe because it is basically the same as any other. I just swap out the sugar for Splenda. Just remember, it is 600x sweeter than regular sugar so keep that in mind when deciding how much to use. I only use a couple of packets of Splenda in mine. I really like the Trader Joes Simply Lite Dark Chocolate bar. I only used a few squares for this. I sprinkled some in the batter too before cooking. I even used Vermont Sugar free low calorie syrup. This turned out to be a completely sugar free meal. So enjoy! 











Sugar Free Pancakes with sugar free whip cream, sugar free syrup, and sugar free chocolate chunks. Delicious!

Sugar Free Pancakes

Recipe is from: cooks.com 
Recipe revised by: Julie Hodges original

Ingredients: 

2 c. flour
2 tbsp. sweetener (I used Splenda)
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 3/4 c. milk
2 eggs, beaten
2 tbsp. melted butter
Optional: sugar free chocolate cut into pieces or chunks

Directions:

Preheat a griddle or cast iron skillet on medium low. Mix the dry ingredients together then add the milk, melted butter, and eggs. Whisk all the ingredients together. Spray the cast iron with cooking spray or baking spray and pour the pancake batter onto preheated griddle or skillet. 

Photos by: Julie Hodges
Recipe revised by: Julie Hodges
Original author unknown recipe was found on cooks.com


Comments

Popular Posts