Slow Cooker Pot Roast and Veggies

I asked my kids what they wanted me to buy for dinner. One answer I received was pot roast. So I went with it and devised my own slow cooker pot roast and veggie recipe. It is a simple, easy, and delicious one pot meal. My kind of cooking. Pictures are of my pot roast and veggies. My recipe can be found below.






before cooking

 

Slow Cooker Pot Roast and Veggies

Recipe by: Julie Hodges

Ingredients:
  • Roast
  • 1 Packet of ranch seasoning
  • Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
  • 1/2 cup of water
  • Salt and pepper the taste
  • Veggies such as:
4 large potatoes or 8 small potatoes cut in halves or quarters with skins
1 onion chopped
4 carrots peeled and chopped
4-6 cloves of garlic peeled and halved
1 stalk of Celery chopped (optional)

Directions:

Prep and chop the veggies and place them in a slow cooker. Place the roast on top of the veggies. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle on salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle the ranch seasoning on top. Add the 1/2 cup of water (to the side not over the meat.) Slow cook for up to 8 hours on low or until the meat is tender and the veggies are cooked.

recipe and photos by Julie Hodges

Comments

Popular Posts