Dragon Cake

Dragon Cake

This dragon cake I created with my husband's help over 4 years ago for our daughter's 10th birthday. It is where my love of cake decorating truly began I went from basic cake creations to sculpted cakes. The cake is all edible. It is made of carved pieces of cake, frosting, fondant, the eyes are pieces of candy, the teeth are cut from a piece of licorice, the wings are cut fruit roll ups, and the rest is colored sugar. The nest was made from frosting and sprinkled with jelly beans. I printed the sign on computer paper and tore it and attached it to wooden skewers. The sparkler candles took it over the top. It actually looked like it was a fire breathing dragon. My kids still talk about this cake 4 years later. I am not sure they will ever forget it and neither will I.













Comments

Popular Posts