Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

When I think of homemade chocolate oatmeal cookies it takes me back to my childhood. It was something my family made and served more often than not at family gatherings. It takes me back to home. My nostalgia for these cookies made me want to pass on the tradition to my own kids so I whipped up a batch to introduce my children to them. These cookies are pretty simple to make and taste really good! They do not require baking but you do have to use the stove top for a couple of minutes. I did make one change to the recipe. I used Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa Powder instead of plain cocoa powder. You can choose which ever you prefer but I do highly recommend the dark chocolate. Photos below are of my finished cookies the recipe is below. (photos by Julie Hodges and original recipe by Helen Ostrosky and adapted by me)

  

 

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

recipe by: Helen Ostrosky  
adapted by Julie Hodges

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 4 tablespoons cocoa (Hershey's Special dark is recommend)
  • 1 stick butter
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla
  • 3 cups oatmeal
  • Waxed paper or parchment paper

Directions:

In a heavy saucepan bring to a boil, the sugar, cocoa, butter and milk. Let boil for 1 minute then add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal. On a sheet of waxed paper, drop mixture by the teaspoonfuls, until cooled and hardened.

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/cooking-live/chocolate-peanut-butter-no-bake-cookies-recipe/index.html?oc=linkback
photos by Julie Hodges and original recipe by Helen Ostrosky and adapted by Julie Hodges

Comments

Popular Posts