Nielsen-Massey Classic Vanilla Ice Cream

 
My family gave me a new 4 quart ice cream maker for Mother's Day. I had not made my own ice cream in years until they gave me this maker. I used to always use the Junket mixes. Don't get me wrong the Junket mixes are good but I wanted to try to make some homemade ice cream for our Memorial Day cook out that didn't involve a mix at all. So I decided to try out a free recipe that I found at World Market. I have been saving the recipe for when I got a new ice cream maker. Nielsen Massey Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Home Made Ice Cream is so... delish! You and your family will love it! I will never buy store ice cream again! It is so simple and easy to make just as easy as using an ice cream mix but much tastier! You can easily stir in some crushed cookies, mini chocolate chips, fruit, nuts, chopped bits of brownie or whatever flavor you like before or after churning but add before you freeze it for several hours. If you prefer just leave it plain. I highly recommend that you freeze it overnight before serving. Also I highly recommend that you use real vanilla extract not imitation it gives it so much more flavor! You could also use vanilla bean. I took the Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Home Made Ice Cream recipe and tripled it because my ice cream maker makes 4 quarts. You decide how much ice cream you want to make but remember to double or triple if you are making a lot of ice cream.

     
Nielsen-Massey Classic Vanilla Homemade Ice Cream after it froze overnight


Alternate ice and rock salt and let the maker churn into smooth ice cream
 
 
      
After the ice cream maker shut off
 
    
freshly churned vanilla ice cream 
 
  
Take out the paddle, cover with plastic wrap, double rubber band, place the lid back on, and put in the freezer for several hours or better yet overnight before serving
 

After it froze overnight

   
homemade vanilla ice cream cone with chocolate fudge shell, mini chocolate chips, and sprinkles


Or serve in a bowl with your favorite toppings


(I tripled all the ingredients to fit into my 4 quart sized ice cream maker.)

 

Nielsen-Massey Classic Vanilla Ice Cream

recipe by Nielsen Massey 

This is the tripled version of the original recipe
Makes: about 4 quarts 

Ingredients:
  • 3 pints heavy whipping cream
  • 3 pints half-and-half
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 3 Tbsp. Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract or Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Bean Paste
  • 3/8 tsp. salt 
Mix all ingredients until sugar dissolves. Cover and chill until ready to use. Follow the manufacturer's directions on your ice cream maker to churn and freeze ice cream. (see above picture)


recipe and recipe photo by Nielsen-Massey all other photos by Julie Hodges

Comments

Popular Posts